Saturday, October 18, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my blog.

What is a Plurky Proverb, you ask? Good question. It is something of my own doing, based loosely on a fun (I think so, at least, and if you don't agree, you can please keep your opinion to yourself!) board game by DDC (?) called "Wise and Otherwise". I'd encourage you to look up this game and play it with some friends!

Anyway, back to my "plurky proverbs". I am also a member of the social networking site, plurk.com. A short while ago, I decided to start a habit of posting a "Plurky Proverb of the Day" (PPOTD). The PPOTD is the first half of a proverbial saying. . . . well, it is a string of words that I made up. As far as I know, my PPOTDs are not based directly on any "established" proverbs.

The "game" is to add your own idea for how the proverb should end. You can make it funny, serious, odd, whatever your choice. (I only ask that it be "tame" enough for family viewing.)

Right now, the PPOTD is to be found via my posts at plurk.com. Once I figure things out on here, I might put up a poll each day for people to vote on a previous PPOTD. Or I might not :)

Have a Proverbially happy day!

No comments: